Who and What is a Private Detective?
A Private Detective, also known as a Private Investigator or a Private Eye, is an independent civilian investigator hired by individuals or firms that deal with civil or criminal matters to dig into the relevant facts, enquire, investigate and collect evidence.
Is There a Need for Private Detectives in New York?
In a ranking held in 2021, New York City has bagged the 11th safest city in the world and 5th safest city in America’s title. Despite being the most populous city in America, the crime rate is relatively low. However, this fact cannot dismiss the need for Private Detectives in New York.
Other Roles of a Private Detective in New York:
Crime may not attract a private detective in New York, but various other roles call for intervention by him.
Some common scenarios where a Private Detective can play a commendable role:
- Background investigation,
- Child custody cases,
- Business investigations,
- Missing person cases,
- Divorce investigations,
- Infidelity investigations,
- Marriage records,
- Pre-marital screening,
- Pre-employment screening, and
- Cheating spouse surveillance
Unless and until people own properties, employ or get hired for a job, have doubts, or need assurance, want to get married or divorced, or want to collect evidence for trivial or substantial circumstances, there will be a demand for Private Detectives in New York.
How to choose a Private Detective in New York?
New York is a city with multiple possibilities and offerings. It comes without a surprise; that the city offers sundry private detectives. A checklist can help you choose the right one for yourself.
- A Private Detective must have a valid business license.
- Must be Bonded
- He should not be someone about whom you learn anything that suggests dishonest practices, use of illegal equipment, disrespectful comments about previous clients or colleagues.
- Choose a Private Detective who will keep your details confidential.
- He also must be easily reachable in case of an emergency.
- It is crucial to discuss the form of payment in advance. Choose someone who offers manageable pricing as well.
Private Detectives in New York: Do we need them?
We would love to hear from you. Engage with us in the comments below to share your views about this blog.